Tuesday 15 February 2011

The Beginning

Firstly, a short piece about me.  One regular guy really.  Live at home with the wife and 2 boys (11 and almost 2) At the moment work full time in a relatively well paid job.

Why are we here?
I would like to share with you my experiences as I attempt to go from regular poker player, playing recreationally for the last 10 years or so, to a player who at least earns a regular supplementary income.  Along the way, this year I am aiming to finish at the top of the Sharkscope leaderboard for $5 to $15 stakes for 9 handed sit-n-go.  My other aim is to win entry into the WSOP 2011 and cash!!

I will share with you all good and bad experiences along the way including the staking of some poker players which I also hope to profit from this year.
I hope to gain many followers along the way and to stake a few of you in the process maybe.

I am hoping the purpose of this blog will inspire some other players to follow in my footsteps in the future.  I would also like some real participation and help from you.  I primarily play on Full Tilt Poker at the moment but information from you guys helping me locate the best value satellites into any of the WSOP 2011 events will help greatly.  I think the blog will also help me maintain my focus and keep my eyes on the prize.

I have cut my teeth over the years mainly on-line on the smaller European sites and only get to play live in decent festivals a few times a year.  I am of course still working on my game as a member of a well known training site.
I have been earning about $1500 a month for about a year now on the smaller sites with relatively low volume, however I hope to improve this with more volume.
Qualifying for any WSOP event is a must as I do not have the gumption to pay $10,000 or anything like it from my own wallet - (Did mention I have a wife yes?- I want to keep it that way).

If I can get to grips with all this technology, I will post some pics along the way and i'll also be tweeting so feel free to follow me on Twitter also for up to the minute info on tournies i'm in and how i'm doing.  I might also want to let off some steam.

More about me as time goes on - now lets get this journey started!!!!

6 comments:

  1. HI, ericcse on VT.
    I have the same goal of making a secondary income, except I don't have kids yet, just a wife. Good luck, and hope everything goes smooth. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your endeavor.

    Personally, I prefer playing in several daily WSOP $1500's instead of the Main Event. They take 3-4 days to win and the payout is around a cool million. You could play in 4 during a week's stay and come out way ahead if the coin flips dont go your way.

    The ME takes around 7 days just to get to day 4 of the event. It is a huge time investment.

    GL and keep us updated,

    Congrieve, PVT

    ReplyDelete
  3. gl bud :) everyone wants to make profit but only select do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Filth22, whats goin on man !!!!
    just wnna say great idea with the way ur running the stake on PTP. After readin through the blog I can definatly recommend playin wsop sat's over with Oddsmaker.com they're poker site holds maybe 5k players and i run over them frequently, aswell as the fact its not rare for some Overlay on garentee tourny's.
    So good luck w/ the blog, stakes ( which I'll apply for )and all future endevours. Look forward to reading more
    clownklla1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah the stake is great, thanks for the offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i say stay to the $10 9 mans because u are winning enough on those, but there may be a time when u are higher and higher then u can run the $20,$30, or $50 if your confident in yourself

    ReplyDelete