Wednesday 20 April 2011

What a week!!

No, not my poker play, just poker in general.  More on my views later. 
 
  I have had lots of contact with people I have never met this week.  I was contacted to tell me my blog was depressing.  I have been asked for more coaching and I was also asked for an interview for a website.  This was the second interview I have been asked for lately but I rejected the idea of one and answered some interesting questions for the other which I did decide to do.

                                                           

  I am not sure I am worthy of an interview really but some people obviously do, so instead of rejecting them immediately I decided to research who wanted the interview.  The interview I did was for http://www.davegambler.com/  I am not sure about the name but the site and info on it is 1st class.  It is run by a few guys who offer advice and tips on betting strategy and select picks for sporting events around the world.  There are multiple updates weekly, its all free and after going back a few posts it looks like they gamble sensibly and for profit as well as being quite successful.  Now being somebody who loves to bet sports I am will be a regular vistior to the site and follow them on twitter.  I am told the interview will appear soon so I guess I am looking forward to that.  I dont think I came across as a twat, but you tell me.

  Back to the mission.  Poker is going ok, I am not setting the world alight and my volume is way down but I am enjoying it again and the profits are slowly creeping up.  I guess total BR is about $4600, but it's spread out quite thinly now.  Still no WSOP seat but two good opportunities have come up.  In the last couple of weeks I won thru to a satellite final where 10 won a WSOP package from 200 and I finished about 58th but I played well enough.  The new opportunites are coming from PKR who have some great MTT step tourneys which I think I can crack if I can settle down with the software as it is absolutely shocking.  Another opportunity exists whereby a live tournament will be played as usual but anybody that signed up thru the associated poker site will partake in a survivor type WSOP battle whereby who ever lasts longest wins a package.  I believe only 100 people will enter the tournament anyway and only about 15 have entered through site so far, so i'm hoping not too many more sign up and I could be in with a real shout.  Once this live tourney is out of the way I will look at booking flights to Vegas and pinning myself down to certain tourneys which may include WSOP and/or Venetian Deepstack and/or a few local tournies on the strip or downtown.  Plus the Rio satellites of course.

  If I dont manage to get a package in the bag I will go on a bargain basement trip.  I have enough airmiles with Virgin for a FREE return trip to Vegas which still costs £280 in taxes?  I will then probably look at the Imperial Palace at about £200 for 8 or 9 nights or maybe stretch to the Monte Carlo if I a feeling generous with myself.  I will then go on a coupon hunt and make sure my outlay is minimal, so I can maximise profits.  I have stayed at Caesars Palace and a few other nice ones, so it isn't like I haven't treated myself in the past but this is a different mission.  If I can manage to claim a package through PKR, I will take the Mrs because then we will be staying at the Cosmopolitan and PKR know how to party and treat their qualifiers.


 

  Well, what else is there to say about Black Friday?  Personally I am seriously worried.  I think the French can only play amongst themselves now and if the US follow suit, surely the Uk will copy as we do with everything else American.  I dont really know enough about it but if the UK is left to fend for itself, we wont survive, we just dont have the numbers the US can generate.  I have tried to carry on regardless but have withdrawn most of my BR from FullTilt, just in case.
  This has also effected the horses I am staking.  One is American and he has gone AWOL so that looks ominous and of course the staking opportunites are now a bit thinner on the ground. 
  I actually feel terrible for the professional grinders in the US because suddenly their whole futures are in the balance and that is scary.  I wanted to help out if I could so I have contacted a couple of Pros - unknown to most of the world, and certainly not massive names as I am sure they are all ok.  I have offered my home and my internet connection, so in the short term they can come over and play until they sort themselves out.  I have offered this free of charge and hope to gain some valuable knowledge in return for my good will.  Nobody has taken me up yet, but I think poker players from around the world should open their homes to assist if it is needed.  They probably think I am a nutter as I dont actually know these people to talk too but if they are reading this they can rest assured it is a completely serious offer.

I can offer very spacious accomodation with wireless internet and I will take as many as I can squeeze in.

                                                

  Well, with things on the up I am going back to the tables.  Good luck to you all, thanks for reading.  I am going to blog a bit more regular now as a) I have been asked and b) for some reason people are interested and have continued to follow my journey.

Speak soon,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment