Monday 11 April 2011

Plugging on

A quick update this time - I cannot work out what is up with my game, i'd love to blame it on variance and maybe it is, but I am not comfotable with it at all.  I am all over the place with game selection, back and forth between turbos, regular, 9 man, 30 man, DoN.  Without a precise calculation, profits have been minimal but are still there - just.

  Very confusing.

WSOP seats are getting a little closer tho.  I played in the Full Tilt $1 thing last Sunday and from a massive 39000 entrants, I placed 980 or something.  Not bad but I dont see that as a feasible way to win my ticket.  Although it wont stop me playing it every chance I get.

Won a ticket to a freeroll with 655 players.  Top 125 progressed to the next and final level where 200 players would fight for 10 WSOP packages.  Qualified comfortably to the final but could only place 56th.  I was pretty card dead, had my AA cracked and finally went out with KQ against K10.  Nevermind.  I will get another chance at this in May but I think they only have 6 packages then tho.

I am thinking about playing in a live event where the online entrants will win a package in a longest survivor type contest.  Unfortunately it is about 5 hours drive.  I have played there once in the English Heads-Up Championships a few years ago when I lost in the final, so I have a good record there and fingers crossed I will keep that going.  (I beat Surinder Sunar in the semi-final and Arshad Hussein in the quarters--  BRAG)

Personal life is like a car crash right now, in fact it was a car crash

This wasn't the actual crash I was involved in, it was a lot more lame than this one but I needed to see the Dr and get some pain killers and may need some physio.
And it was not in my new car either, luckily I have not picked that up yet and I was at work when it happened too so it was in a job vehicle.

For now I will try to continue releasing my bonuses while winning even if its only small.  I have a few other ways to qualiy for the WSOP coming up so thats all good, however the bad news (on the poker front) is Florida is booked, Butlins is booked so the end of May all the way thru to the end of June will be very hard to play any poker.  This will hurt the challenge quite a bit which is a shame especially as thats when the WSOP sats will be reaching its climax.  I am still hopeful of reaching my goal is some form or another.

My staked poker players are currently losing my money but they are working hard to rectify the situation so I'm hopeful as these guys have turned a profit for me before.  I am going to be offering somemore staking opportunities in the way of a competition soon on parttimepoker.com, whereby hopefully we can split some profits and make some donations along the way to the Japan fund.

I'll fully update with BR etc the next chance I get.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leo. I was wondering if you'd consider answering a few questions for an interview section on my blog? dave@davegambler.com
    Drop me a line in between holidays if you're interested. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete