Wednesday 16 November 2011

Coming soon - Leap of faith!

Its official, I will very sonn be working part time and my wages cut by about 40%.  If I cannot make in excess of £800 -(not $800).  Even then I will be behind as we wont have my extra poker winnings that pay for a few of the extra luxuries that we enjoy.

Probably one of the bigger leaps of faith I have taken considering the wife and kids depend on me.  I thought this might spice up my enthusiasm and get the guts turning over a bit.
Since this all happened in the last week or so the poker gods thought that they would give me a tester and give me some crappy cards my way,

"A bit worrying".  Not really.  See at the moment 200 games would take me over a week.  So over a week, no profit, move on to the next week, if it happened two or three week on the spin, no great shakes - get paid at the end of the month and think of the VPP's.

With the new "fewer hours at work" me, I should be able to play between 1500 to 2000 games a month, so this little downswing in the graph will last about 4 days and it will be business as usual.



I am certainly feeling the pressure a little bit even before my wages are cut.  A few butterflies in my belly, a feeling I have not felt in a while, hopefully they can give me more focus.  I hope I can cope through the bad times and keep grinding it out.
The nerves increased again in the last few days, the washing machine blew up, spent a fortune on concert tickets for the family and had a dodgy run of football bets go the wrong way.  BUT in the new schedule of things the football bets will be reeled in to the minimal, the family wont go without, i'll make sure of that and I have a fall back nest egg for incidents and accidents.

So I have it all in place, I think.  I have read everybodies accounts on what it takes and what you need in reserve and i think I have it all.
I am not a mug ( I hope).  I can always go back to work full time if I need too but I am hoping to cut more hours or quit altogether at some time in the future.

Thought I might start to blog once a week as my transition into semi-pro takes place.  It might make some interesting reading, I might get some monumental advice from a reader and it will hopefully keep my eyes on the prize.  I will blog every weekend if I can (some might be short and sweet), that way I dont have to blog whore across the firums and twitter and the regs will know that a new post will appear over the weekend or Monday at latest.

In the next post, i'll let you know what my projections are for the future and when the grind will really count as the wages are cut and the pressure mounts.

Just realised, I must have


No comments:

Post a Comment