Sunday 27 November 2011

Slowing down

  


I have taken the foot off the gas, in poker terms, this week and will again for the week to come.  My brother flew in from the USA on Friday for a flying visit as he left again Sunday morning.  He was only here two nights so we had a lot of catching up to squeeze in.  I miss my brother a lot so there was no way I was going to waste time trying to grind a profit this weekend.  We went out, played some pool, drank some beer and ate indian food which was great.
            




Another reason for the slowdown is the fact that my coaching contract with Team Moshman has 8 days left to run and I have more than met my contractual obligations for the number of games to be completed.  I have learned a lot in the last 16 weeks, more about how to analyse and improve my play opposed to actually playing differently.  I have gained some invaluable knowledge from my coach Mitch and I can only apologise for my 1000 game break even stretch which has hit me recently which has meant I have not made as much money for Team Moshman (and I) as I would have liked.  I certainly owe Mitch a drink or two so hopefully bump you in Vegas soon Mitch.

And to carry the non-poker theme forward.  I am treating the Mrs to a weekend away next weekend and I have promised NO Laptop.
I try to do this once a year when the weather gets colder.  We barely see each other all year long due to work commitments.  Well we never get a day off together anyway.  So with the colder weather due to set in, we should have snow by the end of the month so I heard from the weather man, I whisk her away to a small cottage in the country with an open fire in the living room.  We arrive Friday, I lock the door behind us and we dont unlock it again until we leave again on Monday morning.  We keep the fire lit all weekend, I cook all the food, pour all the wine and beer and we get through a whole load of DVD's, chocolate and a LOT of some other stuff!!!!!!



So with that in mind, I might miss next weeks entry but I am sure you dont begrudge me that.

1 comment:

  1. "found" you via mr68's blog :)

    best of luck .. oh, and enjoy your weekend !

    regards

    dD

    ps why oh why is there no "blogger" a/c for comments, meh

    ReplyDelete