Saturday 31 December 2011

2012 Here we come.

So as we end 2011, I have already set some of my plans for 2012.  I will indeed be working part-time now and will be dependant on poker as an income to feed my family.




I am excited and scared but largely optimistic.  Ultimately, I am confident my game has improved hugely in 2011, thanks to my coach who I worked with for 4 months and the hours I put into studying.  I hope it is enough to get to where I want to be in 2012 and that I can continue to improve so I can exceed my own expectations.

While 2011 was a good year in most ways, I am still disappointed I did not get to the WSOP this year and tho MTT are low on my agenda right now, I am hoping SNG profits will help me expand into some big live tournaments in the years too come.

So my goals,


JANUARY Goals

1500 games- Any SNG type.

12 hours study -Mainly in HEM but also finish Moshman HU book.

Blog each weekend - This is enjoyable and helps me focus from week to week.

15 Fitness sessions - I would like to think I have gained a few pounds over Christmas but if truth be known, the last nine months have contributed to me being at my heaviest weight ever and at the age of 37, if I don’t get it gone now, it will probably be here forever. As I am struggling to reach round to wipe my own arse, I had to add it.

Profit target $1500. - I don’t usually aim for cash targets but as this money will now be feeding my family, I have included it as a necessity.

2012 Goals
Reach Supernova on Stars.

Profit target $20,000

To be on at least 1 Sharkscope Leaderboard throughout the year.

For the first year as a semi-pro, I am aiming low and hoping to smash these targets in order for me to calculate more worthy targets to reach in 2013.

2012 Bucket List
Have a poker related article published in a magazine.


I wish you all a Happy New Year, good luck at all your tables apart from the ones i'm sat at.  Enjoy the celebrations.

2 comments:

  1. GL with your goals! What is your stars username?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Jonny - Filth22 on stars, see you around!

    ReplyDelete