Saturday 21 January 2012

Come on Dealer...

I never like to give you continual badbeat stories but I have never been closer to doing that than now.  The dealer is killing me on virtually every river.  My brutally honest tale of my "Journey to becoming a Poker Pro" is almost laughable when you take a look at my monthly graph.
 
 
 
 
It has never got going but to be fair if I wrote this yesterday before a nightmarish 40 game session which I cut short and lost almost $400, I would be saying "I am off target but bubbling along OK".  Now I am worried I may be returning to the normal job full-time WAY before I had planned which was never.  I have not had a losing month since HEM started tracking me 6 months ago and I am determined to keep that going.
It has been the 9mans that have been letting me down and I am now playing solely 18man Turbos so fingers crossed.
 
Luckily my preparation for my part-time blast was good enough that I still have reserves which will hopefully see me through the bad patch and i'll come out the other side with a smile on my face.
 
The -$400 was probably due to the fact that a few minutes prior to playing I booked a family holiday which has thus far cost  me £4600 and will probably be double that by the time it is over.
I am on target for 1300ish games which will put me on course for SuperNova and at the end of the month my bonus money which I have not released for a while will be upto over $800.
 
Enough said about that crap and onto TAPP - We have our first positive point scorer and a new leader.
 
The approaches consisited of these,
 
To Negreanu
Hey would you consider having sex with for $1Million.

Your (son) dog looks like an elephant turd.

pic.twitter.com/Z8vLeBlN
It truly does, an elephant turd with ears.


To Doyle
With the EPL giving u a 2 year card and then a lifetime membership I got to wonder if 1 would be more beneficial than the other!

To JRB
Hey Do you think you could win if your life depended on it? I would not make that bet if I were you

You on Tv? just make sure your hot chick friends get on and the ratings will be thru the roof. Oh and try 2win every so often

All came back with zero responses so I opened the floor to other Pros in case any of them were decent enough to respond to their fans or me being a pain in the arse.

To Devilfish who had posted this
s a mate of mine and he might well be funnier then me i would nt no i cant understand him .we just try n keep u amused.
I replied with,
I can't understand either of you but just makes you funnier. If I'm not laughing wiv u it's at u, so good work.

And a big point earner for a true British Poker Legend who replied

avnt been on any leader board for quite a while wot is the TAPP the argumentative pissed up prat

Followed by intrigue of TAPP and where it can be found the DevilFish truly showed his class whilst interacting with his fans (before I started abusing him) by direct messaging me asking directions to this blog, so welcome Mr Devilfish it is an honour to have you on board.

And so the leaderboard coming to the end of the 1st month of 2012 looks like this


1st place
Devilfish
5pts
2ndPlace
Daniel Negreanu
Minus 50pts
JRB
Minus 50pts
Doyle Brunson
Minus 50pts
No Pro is off limits this week.

So with that, I need to go get some study done so I can play with some confidence tonight.
I have done some coaching this week with two new students so that will bring in some more $$$ but if the graph keeps moving in that direction that will be that on the coaching front too.

Good Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment