Sunday 29 January 2012

The comeback..

This week has seen a slight upturn in fortunes and I will give you the full update of January next time when its over.  What I will say is that, I was sick for 2 days and only played 22 games in that time which has crippled my ambitions of obtaining and maintaining Platinum status and reaching Supernova.  I cracked in a 100 game session yesterday and i'll need the same sort of effort in the next two days to be where I want to be.

I have some nuggets of wisdom to share with you right now,

   
Please take as many as you need


My new mantra -
"Good things happen to those, still in the tournament".  Speaks for itself really but by taking too many risks will lessen the amount of oppotunities to arise in the future of that specific tournament.  So next time you are in a tough spot and having to put your "Best Guess" on it remember and take into account
"Good things happen to those, still in the tournament". 

With my downturn in fortunes, I set about trying to figure out what was going wrong and was astonished at what was costing me valuable ROI. I had been adding 45 and 180mans into my sets as a way of filling up my table space quicker and maybe hitting a bigger score.  When I analysed my results individually it was plain to see.  My shocking results in my regular 9 ad 18 man games were not as horrendous as I thought.  Yes they were not good by any means but the odd 45 and 80 man here and there had absolutely killed me, completely destroying any profits I had made.  I know my 45 and 180 man game is not good but until I saw it in a big green graph on HEM I had no idea that the odd one in each set could hurt me so bad.

Along the same theme, this SNG lark is a real tightrope.  If you take your eyes of the prize and play sub-optimally for any period of time then it can really hurt your ROI in so many ways.  One of these spots is when you get shortstacked and give up.  I see it time and time again from weaker opponents and indeed I have strengthened my strategy around trying to scoop up these free chips.  Needless to say YOU should never give up, no matter how low you are stacked and if you need some inspiration to take my words as gospel, take a look at this 18man turbo SNG I played a couple of days ago.

You can see here, I have suffered one of my many latest beats very early on and I am left with 20 chips, 15 of which I have put into the pot for the SB.

Fast forward 50 minutes later

And i'm taking it down.

Chucking in the towel early will decrease you ROI just as much as any other sub-optimal play.  Never give up.

I am having trouble with my internet connection right now so Twitter is struggling and TAPP will have to wait for a full update.

However I can inform you a new entry at Number 2 is Vanessa Selbst.  She replied to my approach and while I probably got her a little rattled she did not over react and as such she earned the same points as the Devilfish.  However I had to deduct 1 point as she is an idiot and her whole life seems to be a hypocritical mess.  Details will follow next week.

Good luck at the tables my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment